Monday, February 28, 2011

Getting Started

Greetings!  My name is Deanna and I have been an educator since 1984.  I was a high school social studies teacher for 15 years, a middle school assistant principal for 8 years, a director of secondary education curriculum for one year, and am now a director of human resources.  

Additionally, I am in my third year of working on a doctorate at Kansas State University, and I have known all along the way that my dissertation would deal with the use of social media by K-12 teachers.  My desire to do this comes from my belief that our students are living in a world filled with technology, and we need to be using the tools which will help them learn best. 

Another reason i am interested in this topic, is I want to help staff members use social media in a way which is as beneficial for them as it is the students.  I want them to enjoy using it, to see the relevance of it, and to use it in a safe way.

I am anxious to communicate with any of you out there in the blogosphere who might be interested in some of the aforementioned things.

Take care, D.

1 comment:

  1. I will be riding this social media train with you. Looking forward to learning from people all around the world!

    ReplyDelete