Sunday, March 13, 2011

More Diss Time

Spent a few more hours yesterday and today doing research on the use of social media in schools.

Looked at information indicating that the desire for privacy online is getting lower, more and more teachers and students are using social media, and those who use it are having some pretty amazing results engaging students. Found some research which even shows using Web 2.0 tools appropriately can significantly help reduce student drop-out rates...very cool!

I am enjoing the research about First Amendment issues such as Freedom of Speech/Expression and issues concerning privacy. I've got lots and lots to sift through, and will need to be comfortable using Lexus Nexus at the KSU library. Fun times over Spring Break!

Note to self--always good to pick a dissertation topic you enjoy spending time with. Spending more time with this project than I ever thought I could :).

No comments:

Post a Comment